Growing up


Life has been rather interesting of late, national economy sinking, earthquakes everywhere, stupid school antics. I was under the assumption most of my life that I should listen to other people and not choose for myself, but unfortunately that's not how the world works. I've been called selfish, cruel, deceiving, and stupid (but calling me deceptive completely negates the latter).

All I really care about is what is important solely to me and no one else, that doesn't mean I ignore other people or what they want but we live in a society of survivalists (e.i. if you don't keep your wits about you and your above the torrent of peer pressures you in essence die to yourself).

As a early teenager nothing made sense. Bodily changes, social awkwardness, family—all complicated my frame of mind. People like to sugar coat the idea but the only true way to learn something is to fail at it first and learn from your mistakes so that you do not repeat them. I failed so badly in my first love, I gave everything away kept nothing for myself and in the end was left hanging by a noose. So it makes it very obvious why I do not put others first in my life.

I don't really get angry anymore just annoyed which in turn eventually turns to complete apathy. I never strove to be part of a click or a group because I never really needed people in the first place, not mention all the fair-weather friends.

No comments:

People