I Know

I always wonder why children these days are so shallow like a part of their brain is missing, The real eye opener lies just below the surface. We live in a world of mass consumerism, children of this place in time are constantly bombarded by media selling products and pushing trends but what we do see is how children take this in.
I know that I as an adult connect all the things going in the world around me like the wars and cultural shifts and political affairs while I know that as a child I saw thing more like a slide show seeing things as focused parts, separate, detached like seeing a fight but not know why its going on, where as now I see what happens and what starts thing and what the connections are.
Children right now are bombarded with an insistent barrage of commercials and media, in its own way the children are turning into puppets of what the watch and here because that is the lens they look at the world through. Girls are changed the most by this as even the most subtle things in the shows that we let them watch, take for example the classic fairytale story of the handsome Prince saving the beautiful princess and the fact that the princess is always beautiful not matter where the story is being told, in a subliminal way is programming into their heads that in order to be loved or noticed they must be beautiful or pretty and that is where the marketeers and media come so heavily into play, pushing the idea that you must wear this or buy this in order for them to be beautiful e.g. sexy. even though I do not have the complete ability to explain this in more detail it I wish to for it worries me deeply, how will I ever protect my children.......

No comments:

People